At The White House we try to keep the admissions process as simple as possible. We hope this information will help give a step by step guide to our admissions procedures. Please contact Admissions@whitehouseschool.com with any queries.
1.Parents make an initial enquiry to Kindergarten Classes (2 1/2 – 4 years old) or the Preparatory School (4 1⁄2 -11 years old). The registrar will organise an appointment to visit the school. This may be on a school Open Morning or a personal tour of the school. These usually take place on Tuesday mornings at 9.15am and must be booked in advance.
2. Parents wishing to register their child should fill in the form below and return it in person, by post or via email with the £70 registration fee.
3. Parents are invited to tour the school with the Headmaster, Mr Tony Lewis. This will provide the opportunity to discuss their aspirations for their child and find out more about the school.
4. After the registration form has been received and the parents have met with the Headmaster a place may be offered. For Kindergarten and Reception places this offer will be up to 24 months before the proposed entry date. Due to the high volume of applications for the Reception class priority of places is given to those within our Kindergarten and Nurseries and is on a first come first served basis.
5. A letter will be sent to the parents formalising the offer. Parents wishing to confirm the take up of this offer will reply to the letter and ensuring the relevant deposit is paid.
6. Parents will be notified of receipt of deposit and start dates will be confirmed. Parents will also be entered on to the school mailing list where they receive weekly newsletters and invites to school events.
7. Prior to your child’s first day at The White House Preparatory School you and your child will be invited to meet your teacher and class in the form of a settling in morning. For children entering Year 1 – 6 we have a ‘buddy system’ where an existing pupil will be allocated to your child to help them settle in.